We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I go ?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Should I go ?

My whole family is in St. Martin. I have the chance to fly down from thursday to monday and i dont know if I should go or not. Is it worth it. Plus I would like the boyfriend to go but he can't and I feel bad leaving him home. I have been there many times before so I'm debating if I should even go

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I go ?

This is a personal decision only you can make. You may want to discuss it with your boy friend to get his take on it, then decide. Good Luck

United States
Level Contributor
18,092 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I go ?

If you feel bad leaving your boyfriend home, you probably shouldn't go.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I go ?

I have asked him if he cares and all hes says is whatever. I just am trying to decided if its worth it to go for that short of time.

Montreal
Level Contributor
128 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I go ?

Depending on your flight time on Thursday you will most likely not make it to the beach that day.

That leaves three full days. Monday is another travel day and again depending on your flight time Monday you might be able to spend half of that day on the beach, looking at your watch.

If your family was in Atlantic City or Wildwood it would be a no brainer. St. Martin is another story.

And I would take the "whatever" answer as a "yes I do mind".

We stopped going for 7 day vacations to the Caribbean two years ago. Two travel days makes for 5 vacation days. We now do 9 day minimums leaving 7 full days.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I go ?

Heck yes, go for it. If he truely loves you he will be there when you return. If he isn't than best to find out now. I think it would depend on your flight arrival and departure times leaving how much time to spend enjoying the island and also the cost. Since your family is still down there, all you need is to be picked up and go straight to the beach with no long resort check in. Short notice can be expensive for tickets. Good luck and if you go have fun.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I go ?

Yepper, I'd go!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I go ?

No question, I'd go. If your places were reversed, would you want him to go?

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I go ?

Worth it...heck yes, I'd go for a weekend if it was cheap and I had the opportunity. YOur boyfriend should understant...your family is there after all!!! It's not like you are taking a wild girls trip! Go and enjoy...report back!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I go ?

So I went and he was mad but he got over it. It was fun . Not the best weather is was pretty cloudy but there was a nice breeze that kept it from getting too hot.

NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I go ?

Umm can we say "rhetorical question" ?