We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Tourist Victim

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Another Tourist Victim

sxmislandtime.com/index.php…

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Tourist Victim

No proof whatsoever a crime was comitted here.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Tourist Victim

Chuteman,

It's people like you that take pleasure in scaring people. You don't have a clue about the facts of this case but henny penny is here to say the sky is falling. I think you have a racist intention since the island natives are african. I don't see you posting any travel warnings not to go to Wisconsis (3 tourists shot with an assault rifle while taking a leisurely swim) or don't travel in Canada if you would like to avoid getting your head sawed off while you sleep.

Better yet, come visit your homestate of California with our beautiful forest fires, gang violence, pollution and earthquakes. You don't even have enough room in your prisons to keep all the criminals in.

Get a life. Try to be fair to the island. We don't know any of the facts about this case.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Tourist Victim

My sentiments too. We all know you have a thing against SXM so let it rest and get a life.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Tourist Victim

I agree with you 3, there is too much unknown to determine that a "tourist was murdered". The fact that he was bleeding from a cut on his head and a prescription bottle was found nearby could indicate an illness that could have led to his untimely demise.

Chuteman, take a ride through LA and let me know how safe you feel!

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Tourist Victim

ditto

New Jersey
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Tourist Victim

Well the new articles out today are now saying that they have ruled out foul play.

I still don't know what to make out of it and we should all wait until they divulge what has happened whether it was a suicide, accident, foul play or a host of other reasons at an appropriate time.

This is a very sad case.

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Tourist Victim

I wanted to go to St Marten in Jan and this Chuteman is really scaring me.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Tourist Victim

January is fine to travel. The issues we are seeing are low season related (annual occurence) and a struggling economy. There is usually a big sweep on immigrants and crime on the island every fall prior to high season. This high season should be the same as last season if the economy remains the same or worsens. If the global economy continues to worsen that all bets are off.

Massapequa Park...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Tourist Victim

I totally agree we don't these scare tactics, but need to be aware- I live on Long Island, NY and we had a number of murders in the past couple of months, some pretty nasty. And let’s not forget the recent greyhound bus murder this week where a passenger was decapitated.

We leave for St. Martin tomorrow and we are looking forward to great food, people and relaxation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Tourist Victim

You all need to chill out on Chuteman. All he/she did was post a link with the title "another tourist victim". Victim could have meant foul play, could have meant victim of a fall, victim of an accident, victim could mean alot of things. All Chuteman did was post a link alerting people to news report. Accusing him/her of being racist, etc. is juvenile, bordering on slander. If I were traveling to SXM, or vacationing in the area at the time, I'd be thankful for the post.