We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Minnesota
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

My girlfriend and I will be in St. Martin the last week of the year. We are in our Mid 40's. I've only been to St. Martin for 1 day during a cruise and loved it. My friend has never been. We are looking forward to relaxing on the beaches, shopping,and dining out. We'd also like to have a few spa treatments if possible.

We are staying in the Simpson Bay area. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to have fun on New Years for two women in their 40's ? Also, spas?

If there are other "must do's", please just let us know.

WorkingMomwhowontbeworkinduringvacation

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

I suggest checking the local newspapers for New Years Eve events. There will be much going on in Simpson Bay and Maho.

As for the spa I suggest a short drive over to Little Bay. There is an excellent spa at the Divi hotel and while there you can enjoy a nice lunch beach and pool side at the Seabreeze Cafe.

http://www.spastmaarten.com/

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

A recent discussion

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147346-i222-k2201…

Minnesota
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks Bobcat that is exactly what we were looking for !!

Smxlover great information. We will be in a few days early giving us time to check out what's going to be happening. I think we are staying at a hotel you have reviewed in the past. Thanks for helping us make that decision !

This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait.

Thanks

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

Enjoy!

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

you will love sint maarten!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve

I think so too vegasfan.

I know most suggest we rent a car. I am such a punk when in comes to driving in places i'm not used to? If we are staying in the Simpson Bay area, is it pretty easy to get cabs and busses around the island?

What about those day trips to Anguilla and St. Bart's? We would like to try both. How hard is it to get to the area where the ferries take off from?

Also, thanks for the information on the cell phone rental. We weren't sure what we were going to do about that.

Thanks

Still

Work'in

7. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 03:18