We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for 1 night - shopping trip

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for 1 night - shopping trip

Hello,

My SO has some business to do in St Maarten which means - yeah! - shopping trip for me! We will spend two days in St Maarten.

Could you please advise where to stay for 1 night to be fairly close to everything? Our budget would be 100-150 US for hotel, so not too lavish...

We have to go to Cole Bay and also to town for shopping. I thought about having dinner in Marigot Bay - I haven't been on the French side yet. How far is it? Would you recommend renting a car?

Thank you for all the responses!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for 1 night - shopping trip

Give a thought to staying right on the promenade - Passagrahan Hotel (sp?) would be a fun place to stay I think. You would be close to shopping and dining and your SO can hop a cab for business.

The island is only 37 sq miles, so the French side isn't far!

Rent or taxi - depends on if you feel like driving on unfamiliar roads. Since you will only have the one evening to explore, ifi you can afford the taxi (it will be expensive), I would go for it.

2. Re: hotel for 1 night - shopping trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 23:16