We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Beach - best place to sit

Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Beach - best place to sit

We will be going on a cruise in December and plan to go to Orient Beach in St. Martin. I would like to know which area of the beach is the best place to sit and what the cost of chair and umbrella rentals would be. We need to be close enough also to walk to some of the water activities, such as parasailing, water trampolines, etc. Also, can anyone recommend a good place to eat lunch that won't be too overpriced? How much will the cab ride cost for four of us from the pier? Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

I suggest you find a spot about midway along the beach front. You'll have no trouble finding waterwsport activites and places for lunch, both are everywhere.

Take a look at Ed & Sandra's Orient panorama, it gives you great look at the entire beach.

…rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

Baywatch is a good lunch choice as is Perdro's.

A taxi ride should run you about $25.00 +/-

Chairs/umbrella costs are pretty much uniform along the beach, some renters toss in a free drink or restroom usage. Figure on $20.00 for two chairs/umbrella.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

There are some that are 14.00 including drink closer to club orient.

Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

Is the $14 for a chair and umbrella? As far as location, is there a particular resort or hotel I could look for to be close to?

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

The cabs will usually drop off between Pedro's and Bikini. There are no big resorts on the beach, just beach bars & restaurants. The beach loungers have nice soft cushions...worth the $20.bucks for 2 and an umbrella. Ribs at Pedro's are pretty good. We always eat lunch at Baywatch, but we are former Jersey people. Some restaurants are pricier than others--just take a walk down the beach and read the menus and pick one. They are all good! And it will give you a chance to check prices.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

We love sitting at Bikini Beach Bar. We paid $12 for 2 chairs, and umbrella, table and 2 drinks. Watersports all over, there was a waverunner rental right next to us. Staff at Bikini were great. We plan to get dropped off there again the next time we are there.

Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

karina1,

That sounds like a good place to me. Do you have idea how much a cab ride would be from the cruise ship pier to Bikini Beach?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

14.00 was for two chairs, table, umbrella and two drinks. We used to go to Bikni Beach but their lounge cushions are very thin and not comfortable. I guess my bottom is too boney for their chair cushions.

Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

sxmscubaman,

Can you suggest a spot on the beach that you would recommend? The $14 price sounds very good, but I wonder if that's in an area that's super crowded. We plan to get there early in the morning right after the ship docks so I'm hoping we can get a good spot before it gets crowded.

CA
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

I you like the au natural beach experience we went to club orient each day. Rental chairs were 11 dollars a day and it is a beautiful beach. All of the beach restaurants are within easy walking distance. It is better to use cash vs credit card at most beach restaurants as they charge in dollars.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orient Beach - best place to sit

Two chairs and ana umbrella at Club O are $18.

Finding a non crowded place will depend on how many ships are in. If there's more than 2, honestly I would avoid Orient and head to Rouge or Mullet.