I am thinking of booking a trip to St Maarten next month for myself and my wife. I have seen the Westin are doing a promotion for $119 per room/night, which seems like excellent value, so I think we are going to stay there for part of our stay (then head to Marigot/Grand Case, for a bit more nightlife). Having never been to St Maarten, I have got a few questions, which I would really appreciate some help with:
1) What are the approximate costs of drinks and breakfast/lunch/dinner at the Westin?
2) What is the approximate cost of spa treatments at the Westin?
3) I understand there are a few restaurants close by - do you have to get taxi to them and how expensive are they?
4) How much do taxi's cost to say Marigot, Grand Case and Philipsburg?
5) Is it worth hiring a car when at the Westin and what is the best place to get one?
Thank you in advance for your help - I am fairly clueless about St Maarten, so I really appreciate your help.