We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Perla Dawn Beach

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
La Perla Dawn Beach

Please - does any one have anything good to say about this place. We are arriving in January 09 and I am REALLY starting to worry about everything. The crime rate in St Maarten sounds terrible. I contacted the rental agency and they said that a new security system had been installed. Anyone stay there recently? I am REALLY thinking about cancelling and just loosing the deposit.

new york
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Hello - I had the same reservations when I booked my vacation to St. Martin. I am going next week and it'll also be my first time there. I think you just have to be smart about vacationing anywhere foreign. Obviously do not walk in dark alleys, wear flashy jewelry, etc. Try not to worry so much! Have a great time. Worse comes to worse, you can always stay on the resort and lay on the beach all day.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Thanks for your reply.

I have been to St Maarten about 15 years ago. No crime at all that I noticed. I am just worried about the break ins that have been occuring to this particular house. Could you please post a review when you return.

Thank you very much.

connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Just curious to your stay at La Perla on Dawn Beach. We were there a year ago and the house on Dawn Beach was in VERY POOR condition. How did you find it? We have many pictures of the houses condition.

connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Are you renting from OurRentalParadise.com.? If so I have detailed pictures of the property taken December of 2007. I would be happy to share these pictures.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Yes we are renting from them. Any pictures or info would be greatly appreciated. I am REALLY nervous about this whole thing. The more I read the worse I get!!!!!

connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:

www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Thanks for posting the pics........what a tradegy that someone would let their property go like that.

Wonder if it has been reparied since last year?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

YIKES - This is scarey. I understand that there has been a change in cleaning and management on the property. Hopefully this has been fixed before we get there. If not - I might have a pretty angry friends!!!. Thanks for posting the pictures

prescott ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

HI Zapp, I was just reading your ?s. I am taking 10girlfriends to 78 Dawns beach also in close proximity to La perla, owned by ourrentalparadise. please please email me info regarding your findings. my email is sand@ripnet.com. I am from prescott ont. a fellow canadian. thanks lynn beach

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: La Perla Dawn Beach

Happy New Year.

I definately will let you know what I find out. Dawn Beach 78 does not seem to have the same problems as La Perla as it is newer and in a gated community. I will "talk" to you when we get back