We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

From reading the post i know that this probably a question for sxmlover.....by the way reading your responses to most questions has been awsome. Well what i need to know is how one goes about finding out what an apartment rents for in a normal residential area...(dutch side) as this will not be a vacation for me but a life...lol. Im not talking super luxury...just a clean safe place for a guy to lay his head...i deally 2bdr, As my wife and daughter will be joining after a few months should i take the position. And other regular life info would be great too.

Thanx in advance

Bistrot Caraibes
££££, French, Seafood, European
Lazy Lizard Beach Bar & Grill
££ - £££, American, Caribbean, Bar
La Villa Restaurant
££££, French, Seafood, European
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

Have you found out any useful info? As I myself am looking into moving there with my husband to buy a beach restaurant. Please let me know anything you find out. What are you going to be doing?

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

Both of you, please make sure your paper work(residency and work permits) is properly done BEFORE you move here.

point
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

check on all laws before jumping into it as my wife and I have been hearing alot of reports about not being able to work here, hope it works out for you

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
437 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

We recently went back to SXM and the Immigration was ridiculous. They were also on the road picking up illegal residents (sad). I think getting a permanent job in SXM would be truly difficult unless you can somehow manage to get working and residence permits. Or you can just act like a tourist anytime they see you!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

My husband is french so he says that he have no problem because of Europe... Me I am American but they say on the dutch side it is easier. I am also an RN so maybe I can get hired as an agency nurse. We are still in the "finding things out" stage. Any advice?

6. Re: Considering a new job and a move to sxm....HELP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 22:16