We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito Repellent

New York, NY
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito Repellent

Is it critical to use this?

We have no plans to go hiking or anything and will mostly be on the beach or in Grand Case and Marigot.

What do you think? Are people still worried about Dengue Fever?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito Repellent

We suggest "Mosquito Milk" available in most supermarkets and pharmacies all over the Island.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito Repellent

Yeah, I was trying to avoid using anything entirely, and so was asking how big of a deal this issue has been, and if all but the very cautious actually worry about it.

canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito Repellent

Hi

We are leaving in a couple of weeks what is this Dengue Fever?

We too are just going to the beaches no hiking.

Thank you

Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito Repellent

Hi

We are going in 3 weeks and after being eaten alive last year I am taking deet with me, and taking vitamin B.

The little gits didnt spoil the holiday but did mean that I couldn't have a coffee early in the morning outside and had to be careful in the eve.

Did buy some local repelant but cant remember the name (swat) but didnt really make any differance, mind you p'haps it did and it would have been even worse without it...

But no bites at all during the day..

New York, NY
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito Repellent

Taking Vitamin B to repel mosquitoes is a myth.

6. Re: Mosquito Repellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 07:28
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin