We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset/Dinner Cruises

New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Sunset/Dinner Cruises

Any suggestions on a nice sunset cruise where you either get fed on board or they sail to a restaurant you eat there and sail back.

We are staying at the Divi.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

There supposedly is a sunset cruise that takes you to Marigot to a lovely French restaurant (Le Petit Auberge). Being that it is so convenient with no hassles of parking in Marigot, I guess this would be the recommended one. Unfortunately, I don't have the name of the boat that does this but I'm sure that someone here knows. If, in the meantime I find out, I will post it. It probably leaves around the Cole Bay/Simpson Bay area.

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

here is a list of some sunset cruises

www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php…

My daughter recently went on the Lambada one and had a blast

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

OK...here's the info from the report I had read:

A dinner trip on the Calypso from Aqua Mania at the Pelican. La Petite Auberge des Iles was the restaurant. They paid $130 for 2 people but I couldn't decipher whether that was just the meal or whether that included the ride across as well.

According to this report, they don't run this every night so you would have to find out what night(s) they do run but as he/she wished, it would be nice if they did run every night and also allow a person to choose their own restaurant. I would certainly do this at least once if they did.

New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

Thanks. The answers beg the question, how good is the restaurant noted?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

La Petite Auberge des Iles is a rare gem.

angelfire.com/il2/sxm/rest2008/lpadi08.html

Ray Mann's review linked above.

We have been dining there each trip at least the past ten years, from time to time with Ray and the gang.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

I agree with Bobcat. We have gone there and found the place to be very quaint and personable. The food was very good and it's set away from most of the other restaurants surrounding the marina. We would go more often but I truly hate going to Marigot in the evening unless I am driven there by cab but this boat thing sounds like it would be a real pleasure. I just wish it was every night that they offered this so that we didn't have to plan ahead. When we are on the island, sand gravity takes over very badly and we never know what we will be in the mood for each night.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

My personal favorite

www.sailstmaarten.com

8. Re: Sunset/Dinner Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:16