We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the BEST restaurant help / advice

charlotte
6 posts
Save Topic
the BEST restaurant help / advice

What is the best restaurant for that special occasion?

My wife and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and a birthday. I have to choose between La Cigale, Le Santal, Mario's Bistro and Bistro Caraibes. (possibly La Gondola, Spiga, temptation or fusion) We have dined at Sol E Luna and it was AMAZING!! I want the food, atmosphere / view and service to be memorable.

Thanks in advance for all you opinions!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

Le Cigale would be a great choice for food, service, and view. It is right on the water with palm trees to add to the atmosphere. Temptation is strong on food but the view is not there. Also, not on your list is Tastevin in Grand Case for excellent food and being on the water.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

La Vie en Rose in Marigot. Fantastic French food, great ambiance, reserve a table on the balcony. The lady receives a rose after dinner. Wonderful place for a very special occasion! It has all you are looking for.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

LaGondola treate use very nicly this last may. Class act wait staff and food.

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

Thank you all!!! Now here is another twist....I want to keep it close to the $150 range. 1 app, 2 entres, 1 (maybe 2) dessert, and coffee. lets say 2 glasses of wine.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

goober1102

La Petite Auberge des Iles offers a complete dinner for about $30.00 p.p. Located in the not so busy side of the very cosompolitian Marina Port La Royale, Marigot with water views and outside tables it is a romantic setting that won't break the bank but will provide long lasting memories of a wonderful dinner.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

I would also vote for La Vie En Rose for the experience. The views are not breathtaking but I loved it in the evening sitting on the balcony. The food is exceptional and if you are willing to spend $150, the you will surely get your money's worth at this restaurant that has been around for many, many years which tells it all. The food, ambiance, plating, and service are 5 star and as was mentioned, the lady gets a rose at the end of the evening. This is where we celebrated our 30th Anniversary and I would have not done it any different.

In fact, for a 30th Anniversary present for us both, I created a PhotoBook through Shutterfly on-line and used a nighttime photo of La Vie En Rose on the cover taken from their website plus the date we would be dining there. The book had lots of memorable photos of us throughout our dating and marriage. I did this before we even left for the island. I gave it to my hubby while we sat at the table on the balcony and then I had the waiter sign it as well. Just a wonderful evening we will never forget.

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

Thanks for the suggestions.....I still have not decided, down to LE Cigale, La Santal and Mario's.

Thanks again!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

goober1102

http://www.edsandra.com/SXM.htm

Read Ed & Sandra's restaurant reviews. Should help you make a final decision. You'll hve to check more than one year's worth of reviews.

9. Re: the BEST restaurant help / advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten