We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

This vacation was one of my best ever and I know I cannot describe it in a post...but if it is helpful to others then good. Stayed at Grand Case Beach Club for 4th year in a row. On the plus side, clean, friendly staff,secure,plenty of sunning options from a sandy beach to a quiet lagoon to several decks overlooking the water or finally under the Sea Grapes in front of your room.

On the negative side.. well lets see, oh yeah, one day we did not get a dish towel when they cleaned our room! LOL

My favorite thing about GCBC is you can be as social or non social as you want. We make new friends there every year.

Weather was great the first week and a little breezy the second. Only one hazy day out of 14.

Best rest. we hadn't tried before, Il Netuno(sp) and if you are a Skin's fan you MUST go.

Have always been a fan of Calmos Cafe but the place next to it is more fun.. Zen It is the name.

Crime. Felt very secure this trip and I don't think it was because of familiarity as I am a worrier. The streets seemed to have a little less "worrisome"folk on them. Anyway, best do nothing vacation ever, Steve W, If you read this THANKS and we like the new Key system. bish

p.s Go to Pinel and walk around, go to Baie Rouge and lie around.

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

oh yeah, just to clarify. I have NEVER felt unsafe at SXM . Thanks, Bish

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

Great little trip report. I loved the dish towel quip...made me laugh.

It really is a great place when you can just hang your hat and let the world fly by.

Thanks for the notes and glad your vacation turned out perfect, as always.

new england
Level Contributor
266 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

AWESOME! Sounds like you really enjoyed! Sounds like perhaps the gendarmes are doing their job! Great!!

Thanks for sharing.

Contessa

Detroit
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

I've never felt unsafe either!!! Great report!!!

5. Re: Grand Case Stay 6/26 thru 7/9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 05:17