We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Every year we go to the Pelican or the Flamingo. Have there been any new restaurants in that area this year?

Thanks

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

I believe that The Greenhouse is now open in the Pelican area. Also there is a new Italian place that took over Los Gouchos, I think called Ciao (or something close to that name). As mentioned in a recent trip report by Maddog, A piece of Cake opened where "Ivan" used to be.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

And just as a side note, The Wharf is under new ownership as of the end of last year and so the food might not be the same as what was previously offered. And where Peg Leg Pub was is a new place that has gotten some good reviews. Forgot the name but the inside was totally redone and is very modern so if you do go, don't be surprised by the new decor and food offerings. According to reports, the bartender knows how to mix a good drink.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

The restaurant that is now in the location of the old Peg Leg Pete's is named 3 Palms.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Dined at the 3 Palms twice last week. The meal was very good. The onion soup was one of the best I have had on the island. My husband tried the Osso Buco which was very good and I had the tilapia special. Dinner with a bottle of wine $125. We repeated on a Wednesday which was a mistake. It's LADIES nite. The place was mobbed, staff very busy and extremely noisy. Recommend this place but not on a Wed. nite! Do try Karacters beach bar, chairs and umbrella are free, right on Simpson Bay. Their food is exceptional! It a beach bar with a gourmet menu. Tapas are great. Young owners who try to please. It's got to be good when Andy from Baywatch frequents the place on Mondays.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Thank you all for your answers.

Where is Karacters beach bar?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Next door to Mary's Boon.

At the opposite end ofo the runway from Sunset Bar, take the turn that runs along the other side of the runway. Big signs at the turnoff for Mary's Boon, Horny Toad eta. Just follow the signs. Ehen you get to MB, keep going. It's the plast place on that road. It dead ends at Karakters.

A lovely afternoon there. And Friday evenings they have live jazz.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

Sounds like fun!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

It is, don't miss it!

9. Re: New restaurants in Simpson Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:18