We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

Got sown Sunday and forgot how much I love SXM. Last night (Monday) we went to the Marina for dinner and discovered that most of the restaurants were closed. I'm not sure if it was because it was Monday night, August or maybe the economy.

Tropicana (one of our favorites) was closed.

The ones that I REMEMBER THAT WERE OPEN open were:

Belle Epoque (another favorite and by far the busiest),

Brassarie de la Gare

Main a la Pate

Chanteclair

The restaurant next to Belle Epoque and I think Don Camillo and a very small place near the beginning of the marina coming from the parking lot on the Sandy Ground road.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Kent

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

Might be worth going back another evening to be sure.

Breakfast at La Croissanterie is a real treat too.

The small place is Le Pelican I believe, a locals bar and hangout.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

We will go back another night. The phamplets you get here mention that many are closed on Monday. Tropicana is one of our favorites. I know in France many close in August and here Aug can be iffy for the chance of hurricanes and Sept is the worse month and sometimes OCT--- not just SXM, but for all of the area. Except for a brief 10 minute shower, the weather here is fine.

La Pelican could be right. It wasn't much wider than 12- 14 feet and the tables were square and looking in the bar was on the left.

Kent

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

Kent, Have a good time for all of us who aren't there. Glad you made it. Keep the reports coming.

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

A lot of restaurants there do close on Monday nights but also a lot of restaurants on the french side close for the month of August or from mid August to mid September

5. Re: Many restaurants are closed at Port Royal marina!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 07:17