We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random Wind Tipping

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Random Wind Tipping

My husband and I are planning to charter the random wind for an evening when we are in St. Maarten.

What is cutomary for tipping for a private sunset cruise?

Mentioned in this post
St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random Wind Tipping

Although technically I can't help you as I have never done this before (although I would love to), I would base it on a percentage of the entire trip's price. Obviously it should also be based on their service and how well they performed but no matter how much you decide to give, just make sure that you cover everyone on board as the owner is making the most out of the trip to start. Have a wonderful time! I am sooooo jealous.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Random Wind Tipping

Thanks SXMluver...

Will let you know how it is!

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Random Wind Tipping

I will hold you to that! We arrive on the island Thanksgiving Day and I think that my side of the family will be joining us this year. That would be a perfect thing to do with everyone aboard.

4. Re: Random Wind Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten