We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maho beach tour

Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Maho beach tour

My wife and I will be visiting St. Maarten on a cruise in March 2010. Does anyone know of a tour operator that takes you to Maho Beach? I would really like to see the planes taking off and landing.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maho beach tour

I suggest if this is the only place on your touring list why not just take a taxi?

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maho beach tour

I agree with Bobcat about taking a taxi if you are only going to go to one place but if you would like a tour to include this place, Joyce Prince is a highly recommended tour guide and would take you there among other places if you mention it to her. You would need to contact her ahead of time as she is very popular.

Her website is:

http://www.princepersonal.com/index.htm

Have a great time!

Carlisle, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maho beach tour

Any idea what it would cost to take a taxi from the dock in Philipsburg to Maho beach and I guess I would make some sort of deal with the driver to come back and get us?

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maho beach tour

I guess it would depend on how many people were in the taxi but I believe they have published rates. I think that Bobcat has that link.

Regarding the return trip, you can always hop a cab in Maho which is a short walk along the back of the runway (no more than a 5 minute walk). The taxi's are situated right outside the Sonesta Maho Hotel so you can take your time and relax. Just make sure that you give yourselves enough time to be back at the ship. Due to traffic back-ups I would estimate at least 1 hour, just in case. Truthfully though, I personally would try to be back in Philipsburg about 2 hours before the ship sailed so worrying would be out of the equation and I could window shop along Front Street. Traffic can get very bad in the Simpson Bay/Cole Bay area which is between Sunset Bar and Philipsburg.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maho beach tour

stmartin-guide.info/getting.around/taxis/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maho beach tour

I just want to add that you are making a good choice in going to the airport to watch planes land just a few feet over your head and standing behind them when they take off. Try to get a schedule of when the jumbo jets take off. Just make sure that you either wear eye protection or hand on to the chain link fence and put yor head down and close your eyes.

7. Re: Maho beach tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:20