We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to eat lobster

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to eat lobster

I need recomendations for a good place to eat lobster,

Thanks

Nuno

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to eat lobster

I will mention that the lobster in the Caribbean is different than the ones you would find in New England but you may have already known that...just mentioning.

There are a few places to eat good lobster but it would depend on how you like it prepared. Our friends used to swear by Laguna's Lobster thermador but since it closed a few years ago, I would say that possibly Pineapple Petes makes one of the better Thermador's. I have heard people rave about it. There are probably other places that make it as good but this is the only place I have heard raving reviews.

Then there is Uncle Harry's that has also gotten good reviews. When we ate there last year, I couldn't believe the size of the dish! It was enormous and the people seemed to be enjoying it.

Also, some people do swear by Lee's next to the drawbridge but I have also heard others say that it wasn't so good. I guess it's a matter of taste in this case.

In Marigot, there is a place that has a buffet night that people rave about and although the owner of the place is truly obnoxious, they say the lobster alone is definitely worth the attitude and price.

Then there is Captain Olivers on the Oyster Bay Beach side of the island that people go for their buffet and say that the lobster is very good.

Then finally, the lolo's in Grand Case serve a very good lobster. Their prices are right and they do give you enough food to satisfying your cravings.

As you can tell from my writings, we don't eat lobster, so these are just opinions voiced by others but even though we don't eat this item, I always tend to listen when they praise a place that serves lobster well.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to eat lobster

In addition, Rare in Cupecoy prepares excellent Main lobster but it is expensive as stated in this particular series of threads that talk about lobster after someone posted a trip report:

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

Maybe you can take a look at their comments to get an idea of maybe where to go.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to eat lobster

I will vouch for lee's and the LoLo's in grand case for great lobster.

Uncle harry's lobsters are very big and you will pay lots for them. Lobsters are usually the same price ($20.00 lb) where ever you go but Uncle hary's seldom has any under 3lb so be prepared to pay the price.

Lee's and the LoLo's in Grand Case have all sizes.

People dinning with us have had the lobster thermador at Pinnaple Pete and just rave about it. I just like it grilled with garlic butter.

As far as Captain Oliver's buffet for lobster and the rest of the buffet be prepaired to pay alot $$$$ for some of the worst lobster and entrays on the buffet. Been there, done that and not again.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to eat lobster

Karabuni on Pinel Island is the best Caribbean spiny lobster I have ever sunk my teeth into! It's grilled on a fire and it is to die for.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to eat lobster

The place in Marigot SXMluver is talking about is Claude Mini Club. There Wed & Sat night buffets are famous.

The buffets feature more than 30 dishes, including lobster, fish, suckling pig, various meats and a large variety of salads. The chef creates exquisite lobster entrees and sensational omelettes.

Daily for lunch and dinner. $$$. Most major credit cards. Rue des Pecheurs, Front de Mer, St. Martin. Phone 875-069.

Also Divi Little Bay has a lobster night buffet that is popular and won't break the bank, comes with live show.

USA
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to eat lobster

I found that you can make a meal out of a New England lobster (or 2!).

I the Caribbean, Lobster is best served with something else.

A Caribbean lobster doesn't even have the claws that you would be familiar with in America.

extremesportsscuba.com/…

So....I would not pick a place just for lobsters....but part of a dish.

$.02

Kentucky
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to eat lobster

I will put my taste buds on Brasserie de la Gare located in Marigot on the Marina. Went there once on a whim and have never made a trip down again without stopping by for whatever that chef fixes me. I am a chef and so help me that was the best lobster I have ever had in my life. I am envious of his skills!! Everything else on the menu that I have had has been just as amazingly perpared and served!!Hope you give it a try.

8. Re: Best place to eat lobster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten