We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seasonal Work in St Martin

Belfast, UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Seasonal Work in St Martin

I am a recently graduated student from the UK, and I'm taking a year out to come to St Martin and South America. I'm planning to stay on the island for around 6 months and am just wondering when is the best time to come to try and get a job before the high season starts? I'm trying to decide between the end of October (to get in there early) and the end of November (to avoid amy storms), so any advice would be much appreciated!

In terms of eligibility, as an EU national I don't require a visa or work permit to get a job on the French side, so this isn't a question about forms or permits! =)

Thanks in advance!

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seasonal Work in St Martin

I have never been in that position unfortunately, but logically, the earlier you go, the better.

BUT on the down side, there is the possibility of encountering bad weather and also the fact that some places close down during the month of October and so your choices for applying may be limited. I would start now and e-mail as many places as possible, explaining your wishes and hopefully you will receive some responses. I'm sure there are more than a few places that are looking for good workers. Of course, this depends on what line of work you will be looking for as well, which you did not mention.

Enjoy your stay on the island and good luck on your search!

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seasonal Work in St Martin

And sorry about posting on this thread. I didn't see the other one until now.

3. Re: Seasonal Work in St Martin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 06:17