We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

toronto
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

Yeah I know - hard to believe isn't it? A rental experience that had a happy ending - well that was us.

Several people along the way suggested that we try Triple A as the company to rent from. I'm glad we did and wish to share our adventure with you.

First off this was our first time going to St. Martin and I sure didn't know my way around the island at all. And to make matters worse we were arriving at night - in the dark. Red flags all over - right?. From others here I knew this could be bad.

So here we are on the island at night not knowing how to get to Guana Bay where we had a villa. Big concern and a little worry. No problem - Alain Arnell met us with our car and his and led the way in his car to where we needed to go. How's that for a welcome!

So there is still the issue about what sort of damage there might be lurking come daylight and what might happen at the end of our rental if we didn't do a thorough walk around before taking delivery. Cautious me - because of all of the stories about surprises when the final bill gets processed., was thinking I better get pictures and document everything - in daylight afterwards of course. Like it would count.

During the week I did have a reason to call Alain to arrange for another driver - no problem- and at that time I mentioned about a broken taillight. He knew about it and had tried getting one before we got there, but couldn't. So that's good.

And then to end our experience he met us at the airport at 5.30 am no less and signed off on our charges exactly as what the contract had said. No surprises - just great service and a genuinly great guy.

We are now Triple A supporters - rent away,my friends, rent away.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,560 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

Glad to read about your rental experience - now how's about sharing with us your impressions of your entire trip.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

Alain is a person with integrity who runs his buiness well. Thanks for taking the time to recognize him as a good service provider, with examples of why you are acknowledging him. It will be a help for future visitors.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

not hard to believe LOL we used kenny's and we, too, had a great experience! triple a and unity were the other local rental companies that were also highly recommended.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

Alain's the man! Glad you shared the same experience we had for many years with him!

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

What a wonderful testimony. Although we don't use them, I do know that they come highly recommended and are worth looking into. And yes, we will await your trip report as we all love to live vicariously... LOL

6. Re: A Car Rental experience gone GOOD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 06:19