We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving and certification

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving and certification

My family will be on St. Martin in December. One son is already certifed to scuba dive and one son will take classes at home but will do the open water certification once we arrive. Would appreciate recommendations on dive shops to consider (safety, helpfulness, quality etc.) as well as dives to do - any "not to miss" dives?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving and certification

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving and certification

thanks, I did search before I posted, many of the posts are dated and the replies are gone because there was no activity for 6 months. I was hoping for some more current info from divers that have been recently.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving and certification

I suggest you PM SXMScubaman - he is on the West Coast and will respond later today.

Mentioned in this post
Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving and certification

My recomendation is to use Dive Adventures in Simpson bay. They are located in the Pelican marina and you can book them through Aqua mania in the Pelican marina complex. I have used them for ten years now and have taken guests with me for their referal dives. Great operation with supper dive instructors.

5. Re: scuba diving and certification

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 05:17