We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report with Photos

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report with Photos

http://creationizm.blogspot.com/

sxm and ang

the latest is a small description of our trip but its very interesting especially to younger or adventurous travelors.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report with Photos

Thank you SG for the nice trip report of both Anguilla and St. Maarten. I found the fact that you saw the healthiest of coral in the Caribbean (from your experience) in an around Happy Bay is a good sign and almost contradicts many reports I have read in the past. Good news all around. Amd so sorry you couldn't find many secluded beaches during your trip but I would like to recommend that the next time you visit, you take a ride to Baie Rouge or Plum Bay. These beaches are extensive and so wide that you would have no problem finding some quiet time. All in all, thanks for checking in and letting us know how your trip went.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
345 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report with Photos

Thank you for posting your trip report and great photos! Info on the beaches is greatly appreciated as we will be in St. Martin in 10 weeks.

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report with Photos

its not that its not a beautiful island, its a great place to go on vacation, the only thing is that all the people there kind of take away from the natural beauty, which is important to me. But the other side of the coin is that all the ammenities help make up for that and make it very fun to go to. Alot of times when you go to deserted islands for more than 10 days you get a little bit board and very very lonely, on st. martin you get a little less privacy but its a very fun place to go with diving close, islands of the coast, anguilla close, saba close, st. barts close, and many bars and restaurants and culture. The beaches are great and different from each other which is very cool too. Next time i travel there i will probobly spend most of my time in st. barts but sxm is still great.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report with Photos

Your trip description was of interest to a not so younger traveler too : ) Enjoyed your pictures and descriptions of the snorkeling and dive sites. Compared to diving the Caymans and Tortola, SXM is not as strong. If you go to St. Bart's, get to Saba for diving. You will find that island offers more. And I am with you on your impression of Shoal Bay East - not many better.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
855 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report with Photos

Your pictures were beautiful (makes one wish to be there now). Having been to both St. Martin and Anguilla, I can agree we love Anguilla-St. Martin way too busy. Anguilla though the beaches are stunning, the island itself is dry and scrubby. St. Martin has the mountains/hills and greenery which are pleasing to the eye and make spectacular photos.

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report with Photos

thats why i said i regret waiting so long to go to a volcanic island, the mountains are stunning, they inspired me to go kayaking/ camping on 5 islands in the Virgin islands next month. I think the island should do a better job managing and zoning the island if they were planned better the island would be perfect. Most islands in the caribbean werent ready for such high volume tourism and you can tell by their building construction and zoning.

7. Re: Trip Report with Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten