We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jmb commun.

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
jmb commun.

Has anyone joined this? If so, was it worth the money....as far as discounts?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jmb commun.

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/postlist.php…

Jeff is a sponsor over on TTOL where you will find a great deal of information - pro & con on his offerings...

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jmb commun.

Jeff Berger's info site used to be great to me but then it seems it got too interested in selling itself along with travel insurance to suit me. I have friends in Boston who joined and swore by it when last discussed a few years ago, but have no recent info. This site started out as more of a pastime by Berger and was really great then but ,personally, I feel he kind of burned out on the site.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: jmb commun.

I was going to sit back on this one but you presented my feeling exactly. Too many "Important News" emails about travel insurance and renewing membership.

The site is fine but not worth paying for the extra advertisement emails.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jmb commun.

I receive his weekly free email and had thought of paying for it. However, it seems that lately it has been all bulletins that are just advertising. While they are most likely legitimate offers, I have not ordered any of them myself. I guess my feeling is that the quality has not been there for the past year or so.

NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jmb commun.

We joined JMB in November...just after returning home from St. Martin. I think I paid $59 for 3 years. I wish we had joined sooner. There are 40 something discounts offered, including hotel and car discounts as well as 2 for 1 dinners. They also offer a free lagoon cruise on the Celine once a month, but I know that books quickly. All the discounts are listed on the main jmb site. As for the ads, I always read them even if I have no interest...they are easy enough to delete.

Sebring, FL
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jmb commun.

Last year was our first to discover SXM. Since we were inquisitive newbies we wanted as much info as possible. We joined JMB Comm. and have not regretted it. We took advantage of several discounts and other offerings.

We have met some great people.

After one year we feel it's benefit to now be 2 on a scale of 1-10.

TTOL and TA experts are too easy to access for up-to-date info on any topic.

7. Re: jmb commun.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:17