We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

How readily available are taxis around the Sunset Beach Bar and Grill on a Sunday afternoon? We will be traveling from Anguilla to the airport in St. Maarten. Our ferry will leave Anguilla at 10:30 and take us directly to the airport but our flight isn't until 2:10. I thought it would be nice to check in at the airport early and go to SBB&G to watch the planes and have lunch. I'm just afraid of getting stuck there and missing our flight if we can't get a taxi back in time. I know there will be tons of taxis at the airport but how reliable will they be to come pick us up, especially on a busy travel day? Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,510 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

A couple of blocks away is Sonesta Maho Resort where you will fina a taxi with little or no effort.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

Go ahead with you plan - shouldn't be a problem. The Sonests Maho is a 5 minute walk from the SSB&G.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Would the Caravansari or the Royal Islander work also since they might be closer or is it just that the Sonesta Maho is busier?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

there are lots of taxis right at sunset beach bar...you will not have a problem....

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

Taxi should be no problem.

We tried to check in and check luggage last year and leave for SSBB and there was a problem.

Don't recall exactly, but we couldn't do it.

6. Re: Taxi from Sunset BB&G to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:16