We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kindle...

NYC
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kindle...

I am planning 12 days in St. Martin and want to limit the number of books I bring...has anyone used a Kindle w/success?

Thank you!

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kindle...

My sister brought hers down this year and loved it!

You'll see a lot of them on the beaches.

Just be careful in the sand.

Sis used a beg baggie to keep it in .

NYC
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kindle...

Great!

Thanks for your prompt reply!!

Level Contributor
351 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kindle...

I think your ability to download while on-island will depend on whether you have the most recent version of Kindle that allows for international downloads. I don't have one and was in Puerto Rico recently and couldn't download. Didn't really matter because I had plenty of things already loaded on. Just make sure you have downloaded everything you're interested in reading prior to leaving.

I love the freedom of bringing just one slim device to read instead of all my hardcovers, magazines and newspapers.

Seattle, WA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kindle...

I have had my Kindle for over a year and have been anxiously awaiting my trip this July just so I can lay on the beach with my Kindle and do nothing but read and relax! I, too, have downloaded so many books already that I still need to read that the inability to download internationally is a non-issue for me. I have exactly 3 months and 1 week to wait until my two weeks of bliss!

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kindle...

I live on the island and use my Kindle all the time. I do not have the new international version thoguh so I cannot directly download.

I have to buy the book and have it sent to my computer. Then I transfer from my computer to my Kindle.

It's a couple of extra steps but it's fast, so not a big problem.

I have not taken my Kindle to the beach but have seen many people report that they use it on the beach easily.

Barbara

6. Re: Kindle...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 05:15