We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Lighthouse Condos to Westin

North Carolina
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Lighthouse Condos to Westin

We're approaching our 4th visit to SXM however it'll be our 1st time staying on the Dutch side. We're looking at 3 bedroom units in the Lighthouse condo building on Oyster Pond but wanted to check the distance from it to the Westin Dawn Beach where I will be attending a conference a few mornings. I appreciate any info you can provide.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Lighthouse Condos to Westin

Truthfully I have never walked from one place to another but I would assume that if you walk the beach to get to the Westin, that would be the safest and flattest. I am not sure if there are any rocks to cross when walking the beach but for some reason I remember someone mentioning this when you get down to the Westin area. Taking a car will get you there extremely fast (within a minute) but because the road is very sloped with a large hill bringing you down to the Westin, walking the road would not be advisable. Also, I doubt that there are any safe sidewalks between Oyster Pond and the Westin all based on the roads of the island...LOL

As long as you know you can park there because you are part of a conference, I would advise you drive there vs walking. Like I mentioned, it is a matter a aminute or so as they are very close.

Have a great time!

2. Re: Distance from Lighthouse Condos to Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 06:17