We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with baggage?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with baggage?

My wife and I are going to spend 9 days in Anguilla (our third trip to Anguilla) in April. After that, we are going to spend 2 nights at Oyster Pond in St. Martin. After we get off the ferry in Marigot, we would like to spend some time there before we take a cab to Oyster Pond where we are staying. We really don't want to lug our bags around Marigot. Any suggestions as to what we can do with our bags while we are there? If this is a question requiring a "duh" answer, I will apologize in advance. Otherwise, any suggestions will be very much appreciated. I suppose we could rent a car in Marigot but would that really be worth it as we are only spending 2 days in St. Martin?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with baggage?

You will have to lug your bags. There is nowhere to leave them. And if you rent a car, do not leave anything in it.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with baggage?

Now I'm wondering why we're even going to St.Martin/St. Maarten.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with baggage?

Is there anywhere in the world where you can leave your bags at an airport or ferry terminal these days? I don't think so. Same with the rental car.

Lehigh Acres...
Level Contributor
61 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with baggage?

well well well... if I was going to norfolk VA and was in the same situation as yours, what would be your suggestion? could I leave all of my lugs in my car parked on the street with no risk? or there would be some place I could leave them while I am walking around town?...

What I may suggest to you, is to go to lunch to one of the restaurant close by, and with the help of a good tips, maybe ask to the staff or Maitre D' if it will be posible to leave you lugs somewhere in the restaurant, safe, but where it would not interfere with the service...

On the other hand, if you already wonder why you are going to st martin, and have,from the start, such a negative approach, it is maybe better for you to skip it, and get a taxi directly to Juliana Airport to catch your flight out.

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
729 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with baggage?

Option #1 Pack light and lug your bags around Marigot

Option#2 Rent a car and go to Oyster Pond first. You can always come back to Marigot...it's a small island.

I would not want to be in Oyster Pond for 2 days without a car.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with baggage?

Rent a cr, take luggage to Oyster Pond and drive back to Marigot. You will need a car in SXM even for two days as there is much to see. Not much in Oyster Pond other than the private resorts. By the time you pay for a taxi to take you to Pyster Pond and different places you will safe money renting a car and have more flexability. With out a car you will also incure the cost of a taxi to the air port to return home.

Rent a car that has pick up in marigot and return at the air port.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with baggage?

I am sorry I asked my question as I received some replies that felt somewhat unfriendly and in some sense, naive. Thanks for your time anyway.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with baggage?

Most people would drive to Oyster Pond and drop off their bags at the front desk (most timeshares have a place to stow luggage) and then drive back to Marigot if it's all that important or wait until the next morning to go. It's not like it would take you a day to get there and it's not like Marigot is going to pack up and move away...LMAO

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do with baggage?

I am sorry I asked my question as I received some replies that felt somewhat unfriendly and in some sense, naive. Thanks for your time anyway.

huh?

where was anyone unfriendly to you?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do with baggage?

Barcann, that is what I was wondering too.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten