We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

oakville, ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

We will be staying at the Petit Hotel the end of March and would like to rent a scooter rather than a car. I know some people may suggest that this is not a good idea but we have vacationed in Bermuda many times and always rent a scooter and are used to driving on the left hand side.

Can anyone suggest a good company to rent from in the Grand Case area?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

You won't have to drive on the left hand side here. But you will have to drive on some pretty bad roads, potholes, sand, speed bumps, narrow roads with no shoulder and wild drivers. Be very, very careful.

I'm sure Le Petit can hook you up with scoooter rentals nearby.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

renting a scooter in sxm, would be = to a moped on the QEW between 3 & 7 pm.......

oakville, ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

The hotel has already sent information regarding car rental.

I think that is what we will do.

thanks for the reply

oakville, ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

Softspirit -

Ok I get it now. The QEW is bad enough even if you are in a tank.

I think my husband can rent a scooter for a day and he can go himself!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

LOL - Grand idea!

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

And not to beat a dead horse (sorry about that expression) but in Bermuda, the residents are trained to be extremely careful of vacationers on scooters but on the island of SXM, there is no such training whatsoever. You will see scooters on the island but 99.9% of them are kids racing on the roads. And even with their knowledge of the roads, have had disasterous results. I would strongly recommend that you convince your hubby to play it safe while on vacation and stay off the scooter.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

You are so right. So many, many young lives are lost here due to scooter accidents.

East Lyme...
Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

renting a scooter in sxm is just plain crazy. been to sxm many times and you could not pay me to take one on the sxm roads.

9. Re: Scooter Rentals close to Grand Case

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 05:19