We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

has78
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

We will be there for 1 week and will have a condo and will be able to cook. We will go out some nights but wanted to buy seafood and cook it at the condo as well. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy groceries and seafood/meat.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

http://www.legrandmarche.net/

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

What part of the island are you staying? There are a few nice fresh seafood markets.

has78
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

We will be staying at Oyster Bay which I believe is on the border of the French and Dutch side. Also is one pricier than the other. We would like good quality seafood but probably everything is expensive on that island I assume.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 15:19
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

Check with the staff at your resort - I know there is a fishing boat that pulls into Oyster Pond several days a week. Someone there should be able to tell you when and where. Fresh fish off the boat - priceless!

Also, from Oyster Bay you may want to check out Fresh Market for your groceries. Closer than GM, and a really nice selection most days. I've been driving there for my meats lately, even tho it's further away.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 15:21
has78
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

Thanks a lot. I will check that place out.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

If you shop Dutch side, the prices will be, for the most part, just a tad higher than the states. Everything is imported. Everything!

French side the prices are in Euro, which can add 40% to same item, Dutch side. The French Mayonnaise is $2 CHEAPER on the Dutch side than it is on the French. Go figure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

We cook in our chalet at Club O and have found the seafood at US Market to be superior to that at Grande Marche. We bought a case of oysters and had only one questionable one in the lot. Last time we went to GM, they were replacing compressors in the refrigerated areas, and there were no dairy, fish, seafood items to be had, and no sign apologizing for any inconvenience. We don't eat land animals so I can't help you there.

8. Re: Best place to buy meat and seafiod from supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 06:22