We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

We will have a rental car while on St Martin but plan to take the ferry to Anguilla and explore the island one day. Can we take our car or do we need to rent another once we get to Anguilla?

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

No you can't take your car. All ferries are passenger only. There are plenty of car hire & taxis at the ferry port in Anguilla.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

Thanks

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

and I would recommend taking a taxi on Anguilla.

it might be expensive but I think it is easier than driving..Don't forget Anguilla drives on the left and not everyone is comfortable with that.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

backyard...the ferries are not like ours here in Canada, even smaller than the Toronto island ferry, and as stated before, only hold passengers it is a 20 min ride from Marigot, make sure you sit on the left side going over so you do not get wet, and you must take your passport...and fill out 2 entry forms for Anguilla, they will give you those on the ferry...the first time over a taxi is best and if you go on a sunday there is a great band at gwen's regge grill...the taxi driver will pick you up again you do not have to worry he really will....any other questions.....will try and help

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

I recommend renting a car that way you can explore at your own pace. Yes, driving is on the left but if I can do anyone can! The island is very spread out so taking cabs will be quite expensive. And no worries about traffic on Anguilla.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

Can you rent scooters?

7. Re: Can you take a car on the ferry to Anguilla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:18