We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

Can somebody give me an idea of the best hotels on the island? My wife and I are thinking of returning there after 20 years and we are not up to date on the accommodations. Also how is January on the island for weather??

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,831 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Westin

Radisson

La Samanna

L'Esplanade

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

And (aside from the Westin) on the Dutch side you have the Sonesta Maho. If you are not looking for hotel service, then you can also try the timeshares on the island or renting directly from villa and condo owners.

You can visit the following website to see all that is available:

www.sintmaartenrentalweeks.com

or

www.VRBO.com for St. Maarten/St. Martin

Edited: 12 July 2010, 21:41
New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

I definaltly want Hotel amenites!!!!!!!!

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

So which one would you pick as the best one???

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

The most expensive is La Sammana and you certainly would be catered to. It has an expansive beach and lovely accommodations. Their restaurant is not the greatest though so anyone who stays there usually tres it once and then ventures elsewhere. I think this place is perfect, if it were not for the exhorbitantly ridiculous rates.

My second choice would be L'Esplanade for it's gorgeously appointed rooms, wonderful pool area, and excellent and friendly staff. The only negative is that they do not have a beach in front of the resort.

The other two are standard fare and do not go out of their way to cater to their customers.

Edited: 13 July 2010, 11:53
New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

Thank you for you opinion. Those 2 hotels seem to be the best choices since we would like to be catered to. Ha Ha.

7. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten