We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with AC

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with AC

I know that many of the restaurants are not air conditioned which is to be expected with open, breezy places, but how about the more formal, fine dining restaurants? In particular, do the restaurants in Grand Case generally have AC? I'm specifically interested in Le Cottage or L'Estaminet. If not, how uncomfortable will they be in August?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with AC

I may be wrong but I don't believe any restaurants in Grand Case have air, especially all that we have dined at. Many restaurants in the Maho area have air conditioning, Temptation, Rare, and many others. Grand Case restaurants are mostly all on the beachfront and across the street. It can be very hot in August and some restaurants will be closed.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with AC

Some restaurants with A/C

Cupecoy /

La Gondola

Rare Steakhouse

Le Montmartre

Temptation

Maho /

Bataztu

Le Charolais

Pizza Pasta

The larger hotels as well

Marigot /

West Indies Mall

Don Camillo - Marina

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with AC

Thanks for the replies. I'm not a total wimp and would actually enjoy a meal with a nice ocean breeze, but would rather not sit in a closed, tight space and not be able to enjoy a beautifully prepared meal. One hears so much about the great dining in Grand Case that I thought we would make our way there from Simpson Bay one evening, but it looks like there are enough good choices closer to "home."

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with AC

even the fabulous restuarants in grand case are casual. i can't imagine not dining in grand case because of lack of a/c. the food is that good!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with AC

tom - agree with MaryJo34 - you can find a nice Grand case restaurant with water views (or not) and seating outside facing the water. August is going to be hot and humid, no getting away from that so wear shorts and casual, maybe use some bug spray, if needed and enjoy one GC meal. Dining inside even with AC is just not the same. Enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants with AC

I appreciate the good advice. At least one dinner in Grand Case has been an important part of my plans from the beginning, but I think the unrelenting heat wave on the East Coast started to remind me of my reliance on and fondness for artificially cooled air. I'll keep Grand Case on my intinerary.

7. Re: Restaurants with AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin