We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park?

chicago
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to park?

I would like to know where are the best places to park?

1-Maho beach

2-Dawn beach

3-Friars beach

4-Grand Case beach

5-Orient Beach

6-Great Bay

7-Bay Rouge

8-Pinel

thanks

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,982 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park?

My personal choices - has nothing to do with being "best" other than being best for us....

1) Underground garage at traffic circle, if nothing available on the street

2) Near Mr. Busby's, not many places to park in that area.

3) Public free parking as you enter beach area. Don't get blocked in.

4) Public parking in the village free & paid, short walk to beach.

5) In front of Alamanda Hotel - short walk to beach.

6) Public parking free & paid in town - short walk to beach

7) Free public parking at entrance to beach.

8) Park in the ferry terminal lot and take boat over.

NOTE: Leave NOTHING in unattended vehicle, not even in trunk.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park?

1- Maho Beach

There are a few places to park but the most ideal is the parking lot under La Terrasse. It's about $1 per hour so it's not a big deal and at least your car is in a covered area out of the sun with a guard at the entrance. To get there from the airport, you would drive toward Maho and just before reaching the traffic circle, look on your right and you will see a sign for the parking (which is underground). Turn right into the driveway and drive down to the ticket machine. Once in the parking lot, drive all the way to the end until you can only turn to your left. That will lead you into the more expansive parking area. There are stairs in the center of the parking lot that lead up into the courtyard of La Terrasse. Just walk out to the street from there and cross the road for Maho Beach.

3- Friars has it's own parking lot but it is narrow and unpaved and so getting there early in the morning or later in the afternoon is a plus.

4- Grand Case has a new parking lot toward the eastern section of restaurant row (if facing the water from the center of Grand Case, it would be all the way down the road to the right). We get there by taking the farthest road at the end of the airport runway and following that (backtracking actually) until we enter Grand Case proper where the parking lot is right there. You can also get there from the middle road but because that road is so darn narrow, I prefer going the way we do to avoid the congestion. If you're coming from the Orient area I would think that this would be the preferred way to get to the parking lot.

7-Bay Rouge has their own parking lot

8-The Pinel docking area has their own parking lot

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park?

Anywhere you find an empty space LOL!

chicago
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park?

thanks everyone-I use the info next week-the tuna

5. Re: Where to park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 07:29
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin