We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nettle Bay area and businesses

Atlanta
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Nettle Bay area and businesses

The owner that I am renting from is still being unresponsive. How is the Nettle Bay Beach Club area? I am due to get there tomorrow afternoon. Will businesses be back in business this week?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,488 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

Businesses are opening today. Still no electricity many places, but that should get fixed fairly quickly, I hope.

allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

see web cam below http://www.stmartin-meteo.com/camreserve.htm

Things are returning to normal. There was not much damage to the nettle bay beach club residence (I am also an owner there). Obviously lots of things got moved around. They were not allowed to leave yesterday. I was in touch with someone via the web so I assume it was working through the storm. Was he supposed to get in touch with you prior to your arrival?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,488 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

Have you tried the phone? I've had much better luck reaching friends the past day or two that way than email.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

The owner isn't actually there eventhough he is suppose to pick us up. He claims to be on a boat with no much communication access. He sent a email today requesting the remaining balance which I will give him upon arrival and that's what we agreed upon. When I asked about the conditions there was no response. I decided to not cancel and will make the most of it. Nettlebayguy I have your info just in case I need a backup. This is the first time I've rented through a private owner and I'm not having the greatest experince. I'm sure me going topless at the beach and eating a whole fish for the first time will make it all worth it :-)

allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

i like the attitude. Top less only on the French side by the way. Those squares on the Deutsche (i mean Dutch) just don't get it!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

I have seen topless on many beaches on the Dutch side (Cupecoy, Mullet, Maho and Simpson Bay). Have you been to any beaches there to make that comment??

Atlanta
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

Oh goodness, I didn't mean to start anything. I'll be staying on the French side so it should be okay.

allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

I stand corrected. Never saw it on the Dutch side and assumed that since most English speaking go / Prefer Dutch that it would extend there.

allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

Actually it is ok. It shows you that this site is being patrolled and thus it is safe to go into the water.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,488 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nettle Bay area and businesses

And even the dreaded nudity sometimes! But a WHOLE fish! Now that's a big deal. LOL

Best whole fish:

Shadow under the Boat

Marks Place

FUBAR - Middle Region