We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

markets on the island

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
markets on the island

Can you buy suntan lotion or insect repellent in markets on the island like you can in the States, or do you have to go to a pharmacy or other type of store? Where is a good market on the way to Grand Case?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: markets on the island

You can buy both in markets, gas stations, little bodega type shops everywhere. There are several large US/European type groceries here.

On the way to Grand Case from where?

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: markets on the island

oh, sorry-from the airport. I will probably rent a car and drive to Grand Case (unless there is a crazy amount of rain).

Thanks!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: markets on the island

I would suggest going through the lowlands and Marigot to get to Grand Case. Stop at Gourmet Marche in Porto Cupecoy - it's on the way.

allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: markets on the island

On the French side on the way is US Food Import after Sandy Grown.

London
Level Contributor
577 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: markets on the island

I am interested to know when the main market days are in Grand Case and Marigot? GRIFF

6. Re: markets on the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin