We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for activities / restaurants

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for activities / restaurants

Hello all,

First time visiting St Maarten in a week with my GF Staying at the Westin and was hoping for some expert advice

1. What are must see things - I hear a day trip to Anguilla - anything else? (we're both ~30 and like active things - is scuba / snorkelling good?)

2. Recommendations on restaurants? Im renting a car so should be able to get around

3. Is there an active nightlife / is it safe?

4. Any other advice on things to do / see etc for a couple?

Thanks in advance!

Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Robinson Speed Boat Tours
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Billy Bones Boatcharters
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Private Tours, Speed Boats Tours
St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

I am sending you a Private Message for a website that might give you some interesting info. Check your messages at the top of the screen.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,835 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

http://www.sxm-activities.com/

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
471 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

Send me an email at JVR13@aol.com and I will send you a list of recommendations my wife and I have put together for family and friends based on 10+ years of vacations on SXM.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

The best part of your trip will be the day trip to Anguilla. The dazzling white sand beaches blow away anything St. Maarten / St. Martin has to offer. On my 1st trip to Anguilla in 2002 we met a couple who came over for the day and were so smitten by the incomparable beauty of Anguilla they ended up booking 3 nights at Shoal Bay Villas where we were staying.

AXA's 16 miles are uncongested except during their version of Carnival, which runs from late July thorough the 1st week of August. World class restaurants abound. Great lunch beach combinations would be:

Gwen's Reggae Grill on Upper Shoal Bay

Smokey's on the Cove on Cove Bay

Straw Hat on Meads Bay

Blue at Cap Juluca on Maundays Bay

Elodia's on Upper Shoal Bay

Shoal Bay East is where most day trippers go and there's a wonderful Anguillian named Junior Fleming with a glass bottom boat who'll take you around to Little Bay for some great snorkeling for a very reasonable price.

Anguilla is a not to be missed pleasure especially since from Marigot in St. Martin it's only a 20 minute trip via the public ferry. No real shopping on the island. Just relaxation, spectacular beaches, delicious food and wonderfully gracious locals who will make you feel welcome.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

The best part of your trip will be the day trip to Anguilla. The dazzling white sand beaches blow away anything St. Maarten / St. Martin has to offer. On my 1st trip to Anguilla in 2002 we met a couple who came over for the day and were so smitten by the incomparable beauty of Anguilla they ended up booking 3 nights at Shoal Bay Villas where we were staying.

AXA's 16 miles are uncongested except during their version of Carnival, which runs from late July thorough the 1st week of August. World class restaurants abound. Great lunch beach combinations would be:

Gwen's Reggae Grill on Upper Shoal Bay

Smokey's on the Cove on Cove Bay

Straw Hat on Meads Bay

Blue at Cap Juluca on Maundays Bay

Elodia's on Upper Shoal Bay

Shoal Bay East is where most day trippers go and there's a wonderful Anguillian named Junior Fleming with a glass bottom boat who'll take you around to Little Bay for some great snorkeling for a very reasonable price.

Anguilla is a not to be missed pleasure especially since from Marigot in St. Martin it's only a 20 minute trip via the public ferry. No real shopping on the island. Just relaxation, spectacular beaches, delicious food and wonderfully gracious locals who will make you feel welcome.

6. Re: Recommendations for activities / restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten