We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACE rent a car reviews

Hartford...
2 posts
Save Topic
ACE rent a car reviews

I have been searching online for a rental car for my honeymoon trip to St. Maartin in October. ACE Rent A Car has the best rates by far. Has anyone ever used their services? We aren't arriving until aroun 9pm, are any of the rental car companies going to be able to assist us at this time?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

All the rentals companies will meet you at the airport at whatever time your flight arrives.

In all honesty, ACE/Panoramic does not have a very good reputation. I have not used them personally, but if you do a search here and on other SXM forums, you'll see what I mean.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

For example:

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

wow - since pajo first reported problems with them they have gone straight down the hill bumpity bump....

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

I just used then 2 weeks ago and had only a minor issue in that the headlight in my jeep went out, but they gave me an even nicer vehicle, a 2008 jeep with an aux port for my iphone..so I could listen to my iphone music without the fm radio adapter...which was great cause the first jeep didn't have that and I forgot the adapter...with the aux port I just stopped by a radioshack and paid 3 bucks for the cord...no deposit was asked of me and they didn't even place a hold on my card...which I found strange...so in my own limited personal experience i had a great experience with them, they were super accommodating and apologetic about the headlight, and brought me a new vehicle from the French side to their office by the airport... which didn't have the dutch R plates, but I didn't care, I parked all over the island day and night and had no theft issues...never felt like a mark anywhere...again, just one couples experience over 10 days... But I would personally recommend them, especially if your just renting a little economy car...if you want something fancy like a BMW truck or something use avis...perhaps if I had more experience with different companies I could better compare and contrast...I usually find people don't try to give me a hard time when I tell them I'm from NYC...I've seen all the scams and angles...I will add however they are a small company, not the scale of avis or hertz...small office, unsure of fleet size...I liked that they had Jeeps and flexible payment/cc hold terms...perhaps I got lucky. Cheers!

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

I always believe that you get what you pay for and even though car rentals shouldn't seem to be problem and once you have the car, end of story....but this is not really the case. If you have an accident or a problem and try to call some of these places, you get no answer. That says ALOT about reliability. Also, some places charge you for damage that was there BEFORE you even took the car (and they deny knowing about it) or they will charge you for a little sand on the floor.

To me, there is nothing like getting a car from a company that has had continous good reviews from many.

We had an incident years ago when we rented from Ace (we rented because of their low price) and I tried calling multiple times to each of the 3 numbers given to me. Not once did anyone answer the phone. Never again!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

I've used ACE for about 4 or 5 years now and have never had a problem. The same goes for my in-laws.

Florida
Level Contributor
277 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

This is my last time defending ACE. I have used them for five years, with not one problem. Yes I do get what I pay for, and have more money in my pocket to spend on other things. I can close my eyes and know who will give the same old tired reviews about ACE, but have never used them. Yes, they are not always at the airport. Any of the other rental guys will call them, and they will be there in minutes. I gave sxmlovers guy a chance, Two weeks, $150.00 more then ACE is a bit much.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 16:55
8. Re: ACE rent a car reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten