We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

Ill be staying at the Westin Starting Oct 3rd and cant find any info on pool closings. I hear some hotels close there pools this time of year and was a little worried. Am i able to walk to Big fish from Westin? Does anyone have any good advice for me? I would also like to buy a camera so if anyone knows a good place to buy electronic there please let me know.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

I doubt that the Westin would close their pool unless the resort closed down for an annual clean up so I would not worry so much. Their pool is one of the highlights of staying there. Contacting the Westin directly might ease your mind. I know that the Royal Islander La Plage closes for a week or 2 during low season to do just this but I am not sure if the Westin actually closes.

Regarding purchase of a camera, you may not get a great bargain as you would in the States plus you would need to know more about the warranty of your purchase and whether you could return or repair your purchase close to home. Some warranties are from Europe so be very careful. Boolchand in Philipsburg is the more reliable store to purchase electronic equipment. They are the more honest and reputable store on the island and have a good reputation. Do your homework before traveling regarding pricing before making any decisions.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

Hi Jess, no you won't be able to walk from the Westin to Big Fish, but double check on their location, because I thought I read somewhere that they were moving. Are you planning on renting a car? You should. I also don't think The Westin would close the pool.

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

Ok thanks! Maybe ill just buy a camera on ebay real quick before i leave. I swear i heard something about them closing there pool. I dont know how to call them because its a weird looking number. maybe i can find a toll free number.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

If you are calling the Westin, you will have to dial the following number exactly as I typed it:

011 599 543 6700

If you did hear that the pool would be emptied for repair, I would then certainly try to find out for how long this would be since this pool would be my highlite of the hotel. I can not understand why they would do this, knowing that guests were staying there, but then again, nothing would surprise me on this island...lol

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

the Westin never closes their pool

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

I sure hope your right barcann?

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

well, i could be wrong, but I was just there and it was open. and if they were going to close it for any reason, I would assume they would have closed it this month not in October when business is starting to pick up.

8. Re: Do you know if the pool is open at The Westin next week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 07:49