We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day to explore

capecoral,fl
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
One day to explore

Any good diving here? If not what should I do if I have only one day ?

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day to explore

I'm not sure that you would have time to do any dives if you are on a cruise plus you have no idea what the weather will be like when you dock. If you were to come for more than 1 day, I would recommend the Saba dive as I have heard great things about this area.

If you have never been to the island and would like to see what this island is all about, I recommend hiring Joyce Prince to take you around the island. She would make an itinerary suited to your liking based on your interests. She is well known on the island and booking her for your first trip to the island would be wonderful.

If you are only interested in relaxing on a beach, then I could recommend the old standby Orient Beach which is pretty commercial and busy but one that people seem to flock to. They have some water sports that may catch your fancy. The ship could arrange the trip or you could just grab a cab at the port and go there on your own. If you go on your own, then you could choose where to eat since the cruise ships usually have a specific restaurant they deal with.

If you would like to shop, then staying in Philipsburg near the docks would be your place, plus there is a very nice beach there to lounge as well.

If you would like to do something really different, then I could recommend you hire a cab to take you to Mullet Beach for a few hours, pick you up and bring you to the beach at the end of the airport runway which is known for it's amazing feeling of having huge planes literally landing right over your head. Check out Youtube videos of planes landing in Maho to show what I mean. Then the driver could bring you back to Philipsburg for a little window shopping before boarding your ship again.

Of course, this is if you are on the island for 1 day because you are on a cruise.

2. Re: One day to explore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 06:38
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin