We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regatta 2011

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Regatta 2011

My husband and I are visiting St. Maarten forth first time and inadvertently booked our flight for the week of Regatta. I was hoping someone could tell us some information on if there are any events that are fun and worth going to. We are a young couple in our ealy thirties. We'd love to go to the concerts and thing parties but I am can't seem to find any information about it (heinekenregatta.com) isn't very helpful either. If any of you could help us novices out-- we'd really appreciate it.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
398 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regatta 2011

The regatta parties are at a different location each night. Thursday is at Port De Plaisance, Friday on the Boardwalk in Philipsburg, Saturday in Marigot by the ferry dock, Sunday on Kim Sha beach. Everyone is welcome. Expect lots of live bands, food & drinks stalls & a carnival style atmosphere. The parties tend to start around 5pm each day when the racing is finished & go on until...well whenever you're ready to finish partying! The headline bands are yet to be announced. Once you are on island, if you come to the St Maarten Yacht Club during the day on Wednesday 2nd or Thursday 3rd March there will be an Info Booth. The volunteers there can provide you with information about the racing, as well as the parties. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to post more questions.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regatta 2011

Plenty info in the above post. If you need any additional info, go to traveltalkonline.com and post on the SXM forum. There is plenty more info waiting for you there, especially with all the regatta fans that make their yearly visit. Have fun!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regatta 2011

Read all about it. For some reason, they never know about the concerts until the last minute!!!!

http://www.heinekenregatta.com/

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regatta 2011

Thank you all!! This is extremely helpful. Looking forward to our first visit.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regatta 2011

We'll be there at that time and have booked already our tiks for a viewing boat on Saturday, March 5th through Aqua-Mania. This would be something I am sure you would love! If you are interested, it's $35 per person and boarding is at 8:00 AM from the Pelican Marina. We had a blast last year and I took great photos close up. If you want to website where you can book on-line, let me know. You wouldn't be disapppinted unless of course the weather was lousy. We lucked out last year and chose a picture perfect day.

Edited: 16 January 2011, 17:38
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
398 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regatta 2011

The headline act for Sunday night at Kim Sha beach has just been announced....Wyclef Jean

7. Re: Regatta 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten