We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

We are looking at the forecast and see rain and clouds in the forecast up untill Sunday. How bad is it really??

I am debateing canceling the trip.

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
436 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back yesterday. It was cloudy or overcast all but abut 2-3 days last week. Don't cancel, they should be having some better weather coming up.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, sunny day today - just like yesterday.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you would cancel a trip because of a future weather forecast??

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you go and was it raining the entire time? The forecast for this week says rain too, same situation.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,949 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to sxmlover, she is on the island, a resident, she said it's sunny, .....quit the worry.....go and enjoy......relax......

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

My family and I were on island last week and prior to arriving we also checked out the forecast and each day had clouds and scattered showers. We saw rain 15-30 minutes on two days and then it moved on and cleared. Weather for the most part was sunny, hot and humid. Biggest rain event we had was sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home and unfortunately that heavy rain forced our plane to be diverted to St Thomas and delayed our flight home almost 4 hours. Go and enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

A lovely day today,as it has been for most of the past few weeks. Yep, we've had a shower every couple of days. Showered on us at the beach the other day. So light and quick we never moved from our chairs.

However, it is hurricane season so anything can happen!

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

how bad is the weather there now? im going next week for my birthday and it says rain everyday considering this is my first real vacation ever, if it did rain everyday that would suck

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Read all the posts above.

There's nothing you can do about the weather, especially in hurricane season. relax and enjoy.

Windham NH
Level Contributor
190 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to those on the island, the rain you see on a forecast is most times the quick shower you get everyday, the rest of the day is sunny. We just got back and that was our experience. Do not cancel!