We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week is not enough

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
1 week is not enough

First, thank you all for your tips! What a great week in St Martin, i am so upset that to be home. As for safety, we felt secure at all times, never worried once. We met some frequenters to the island at the resort and they gave some tips for safety, but none were needed. I would like to mention that i hope both countries take their independence and start working on the infrastructure of the island...the roads are a mess. I cannot say how happy i am with Oyster Bay Beach Resort as the updated studio with ocean view was provided, as they said. The resort was nice, and a very friendly staff. Lots of places to eat if you don't get a car and just want to stay near the resort. Mullet Bay was the nicest beach we visited on the Island... The beach on Anguilla that our snorkeling trip took us was beautiful as well. As for dinner, we had an amazing meal at L' auberge gourmand was amazing... split appetizer two entrees and a split dessert came to 100. Pricey but worth it. The only unfortunate thing is the seaweed issue at Dawn beach. It is still decent for swimming but the other beaches are clean and no issues. Any questions please shoot me a note...

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week is not enough

glad you had a great time and received your "guaranteed" room. do you have any info on which buildings were still not renovated and/or were in the process of being renovated. it is my understanding that all ocean view rooms had been completed but the 3 parking lot buildings and the marina view had not started or were in the process. appreciate any info!

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week is not enough

The only thing that I noticed was the units above the shipwreck shop and spa were empty and not a light on in any unit. I also saw a truck full of brand new fridges in the boxes being delivered one of the days. I didn't notice anything or hear any complaints from people...but that isn't to say there weren't any complaints. We had a weird smell in the kitchen that was handled immediately (we were told it was coming from a unit above us). There were people in the marina units, and i must say, the view from the marina units were still spectacular as we walked down behind them to see the marina.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week is not enough

love the marina view units at obbr. the view from the ocean side is beautiful but your can only "see" the view during the day. we're on a beach all day and into the early evening. but on the marina side while on the balcony at night with cocktail in hand you have the twinkling lights of the villas in the hillside and the swaying boats in the marina. on saturdays (depending on time of year) you also have music from capt olivers. it's very relaxing and hypnotic. once ALL renovations have been completed we will return to OBBR.

4. Re: 1 week is not enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin