We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anguilla ferry from Marigot

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Topic
Anguilla ferry from Marigot

Hi everyone,

my husband will be going to St Martin in May and we were thinking of just taking the ferry from Marigot to Anguilla one day...we've never been to Anguilla before in our many trips to St Martin and I was wondering if we do go the ferry route where do we go from the dock there?? Is there a beach within walking distance or do we rent a taxi or????? if anyone knows can they help with some info

thanks

nancy

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

Anguilla is very nice and a good contrast to SXM. When you get off the ferry just catch a cab to Shoal Bay

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

thanks...what is the cost?...I just like to know ahead of time so I have get a fair price

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

thanks...what is the cost?...I just like to know ahead of time so I have get a fair price

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

I also meant to ask, would it be worth it to rent a car for the day on the island or would it be more of a pain in the neck to rent

thanks again

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

I have a someone on the island that picks me up or lets me use their car so I'm not sure of the price, sorry

godfrey, illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

We did just this. Go early, and don't expect the ferry to be exactly on time. You'll need your passports. I can't remember the price, something like $12 each way per. Its a set price. You can get a taxi to Shoal Bay, I think that was about $20 each way. There are a couple of restaurants there and you can rent snorkel equipment, chairs, etc. As far as I know, there are no beaches within walking distance of the dock. You can also rent cars at the dock or book taxi somewhere else, the high end resorts, Cap Juluca, etc. are at the other end of the island.

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

You can also try Meads bay and Rendezvous Bay which are much closer to the ferry dock and would not be so expensive by taxi.

Boston...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

Too bad that you can't just get off where the ferry lands and stay right there on the beach -- snorkle or just swim/sunbathe. Sounds like a long long day to me if you have to rent a car. etc. etc.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

I agree, GARFA...it sounds like it would be a chore to go there for the day

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anguilla ferry from Marigot

Hi! We just got back from St. Martin (today). We did the day trip to Anguilla from Marigot and loved it! YES, it is a little costly, and YES it takes a little time to get to Shoal Bay East, but it is totally worth it. The ferry leaves every 1/2 hour and with departure tax is $15 per person each way. A taxi to Shoal Bay was $22 but it was a great ride on an island with almost NO traffic. We had a very nice older gentleman taxi driver who pointed out sites and gave us some island history along the way. When we arrived at the beach he asked us what time we wanted to be picked up and he was right on time to get us. Shoal Bay East was voted the #1 beach in the world (not just the Caribbean!) by the Travel Channel last March and I can certainly understand why. It is a gorgeous piece of white, powdery sand that stretches on and on. The water is perfect for body surfing and there are some nice restaurants for lunch, as well as water sports. At the far end of the beach is a spa that offers incredible massages. We totally loved St. Martin but do not regret this one day excursion in the least. Have a wonderful vacation!