We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction @ OBBR

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Construction @ OBBR

Hi

We are coming on honeymoon in March and will be spending a week of it at OBBR in a mainsail penthouse. However I have read in some reviews there is construction going on at the hotel - can anyone let me know the extent of this? And if it is nearly over? Will it affect our room?

Thanks

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction @ OBBR

With any luck, I should be there this week. I will let you know. I think though that others have said the construction is minimal and confined to the interior of the units being renovated.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
85 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction @ OBBR

you can google their web site ,get their toll free phone number and call them direct to find out what is going on.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction @ OBBR

Thanks, Ihope you make your trip and would greatly appreciate your feedback on the construction...

Edited: 09 September 2011, 10:56
Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction @ OBBR

had hoped to be back at obbr in nov but based on my response from mgmt regarding the current status of renovations decided to vacation elsewhere. 3 weeks ago they stated that /3 of the buildings are complete, 1/3 are currently under refurbishment with the remaining 1/3 to follow. i know from other visitors and previous communications with obbr that the construction is the refurbishment of the interiors and some of the concrete work on the patios/balconies. the mainsail building is only a couple of years old and no construction is going on there. i know the resort well and once ALL older units are completed we would not hesistate to return (actually really looking forward to it...it will be a top notch resort in a great location imo. however wouldn't even consider a stay at this time unless in the mainsail building or guaranteed a newly refurbished room. some of the older rooms are that bad!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction @ OBBR

We just returned from our stay at OBBR yesterday. The construction there is hardly even noticeable. From the exterior all you can see is a couple of new railings being installed and some concrete walkways being stripped and treated. They are still renovating interiors in some of the older buildings. We got a renovated unit overlooking the beach. It was excellent, so I can't speak to the older units. The mainsail building is completely unaffected by the construction that is going on. Also, I will note that we didn't see a lot of equipment or dumpsters or anything. You really had to look for construction to even realize it was happening.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction @ OBBR

This was posted yesterday on another travel forum by the General Manager of OBBR:

Thanks for all the positive reviews. I am happy to report that we just openned this past Saturday 54 additional units that have been fully renovated. Now about 85% of our rooms are either new or renovated within the last 2 years.

Enjoy your stay.

Ricardo Perez

General Manager

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction @ OBBR

Thanks for your comments as promised le machistado, I am glad to hear that you had a great holiday and there was no construction around to spoil it.

Also thanks sxm lover, your always very helpful.

Edited: 20 September 2011, 14:31
virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction @ OBBR

We were there in Aug. and also stayed in a mainsail penthouse. Never heard any construction so I'm sure you won't either. We loved staying in that building and rooms and would definitely go back. Just beautiful!

9. Re: Construction @ OBBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 08:16