We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dawn Beach

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dawn Beach

Would like any information you can give me about Dawn Beach.

We are going to be spending one day in St. Martin and we have been on a tour of the island and orient beach our last time there. We wanted a nice beach, quieter than Orient, fairly close to the cruiseport, and with drinks and chairs available.

We have thought we may hang out around Mr. Busby's. Is this a good idea? Or is there another restaurant/bar on Dawn Beach that would be a better area to sit?

Appreciate any advice!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dawn Beach

Many cruise passengers do visit Dawn Beach. I don't know how crowded it may be when you visit. Mr. Busby's Beach Bar is a favorite of many, don't know if they still have the 75 cent Caribs all day long....that side of the beach is usually more busy then the Westin side.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dawn Beach

Karacter on Simpson Bay is a great spot for a day on the beach. Chairs and umbrella free with dining. Great place to also see the planes land and the food is fantastic, from tapas to a meal!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dawn Beach

Appreciate the replies.

Does anyone else have any experience with Dawn Beach?

Thanks!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dawn Beach

we usually stay in the dawn beach area. the area is more upscale residential than commercial. mr busby's is a great place to hang for the day! good snorkeling right off the beach. the other side of the pond has dingy dock for pour your own happy hour too! mr busby's is at one end of the beach and the westin is at the other.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dawn Beach

MaryJo34,

Thanks for the reply!

I really am trying to picture the Dawn Beach area. From what I understand, the Westin is all the way on one end and there is a rock divider so, would it be best to avoid that area?

Is the dingy dock in the condo development? Is it far from Mr. Busby's?

What other options are there along the beach for renting chairs and access to cold beverages? Just in case Mr. Busby's is really crowded, I would like to know of another place to park ourselves for the day.

Where do you think the best snorkeling is along Dawn Beach?

I appreciate your advice since you have are very familiar with that area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dawn Beach

We stay near Dawn Beach every year. It is beautiful and can range from very quiet to somewhat crowded. Mr. Busby's doesn't have the 75c Caribs anymore but they do have beer specials. However, Beau Beau's is 100 yards away on the beach and they do have a nice view and Carib specials. As others have mentioned, snorkeling can be good if the water is calm enough and on the other side of the rocks is the Westin and they have a nice beach bar with view of the pool and beach. ;Have a great day where ever you go!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dawn Beach

http://dinghydocksxm.com/welcome/

www.sxm-orientbeach.com/restaurants.html

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dawn Beach

tletz,

Thanks for the information! I looked up Beau Beau's and it looks like a great place. Unfortunately, on their website, it says they are closed on Tuesdays and that is the day our ship will be in port. That is sad as I can see where that would be a perfect place to have lunch and a drink.

Bobcat,

I appreciate the links!

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
36 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dawn Beach

Mr. Busby's is also right on Dawn beach and has good food so would be a good alternative to Beau Beau's. The Westin also has a restaurant with outdoor seating and very nice views of the ocean as well. Would not let BB's being closed deter you from spending time on Dawn Beach during your stay. Whatever you decide enjoy!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dawn Beach

Ohio mom -- you said you were having a problem visualizing Dawn Beach. Here's a link to the Oyster Bay Beach Resort on Dawn Beach. If you scroll down on that page, you'll see a picture of part of Dawn Beach. Mr. Busby's is to the left of the photo close to where the blue umbrellas are (just outside of the photo).

Dingy Dock is across the pond from OBBR where you see the boats.

http://www.oysterbaybeachresort.com/