We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Bay Beach Resort

new york
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oyster Bay Beach Resort

I have been reading some pros and cons regarding Oyster Bay. We just received conformation from II for a 2 bedroom and have a couple of questions. We were confirmed for May 2012 and this would be our third time on the island but never stayed in this area. We have stayed at the flamingo and Simpson villas.

Are the 2 bedroom newly renovated?

Is there an elevator?

Is the beach rocky?

Is the area safe?

Is may a good time weather wise?

Do they have pool bar service?

Read a review about rodents in the units, was this an isolated incident?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, my husband wants to cancel and pay for another search through II, because of some of the reviews.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

Asked & Answered over on TTOL

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

having stayed at OBBR myself as well as personally knowing others who have stayed at obbr that are not owners i'm very leary of owners responses and responses of those who may have different travel standards. once all rooms have been renovated (currently at about 85% according to the gm) i would have no problem returning to obbr as a base. it is a small boutique style resort in a perfect location for our needs. however i would still be leary of being placed in the middle three buildings with views of nothing but the parking lot. the area is more upscale residential vs tourist which we prefer. no elevators in the older 3 floor buildings. i find may perfect weather. obbr seems to have more power problems than other resorts in the area and they really need to pay the cable bill LOL also a slight sewerage smell depending on the wind and your room location (buildings around the generator area). check my profile for my review. while it is now 2 years old you will see some of the things i address are still in some of the reviews today.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
189 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

We have had two wonderful vacations at OBBR and we are not owners. Both times we were in unrenovated rooms but with beautiful views....either the marina or looking over to St Barts. What is unrenovated? There was tile on the vanities instead of granite; white appliaces and formica instead of stainless steel. Dated, yes; unacceptable, absolutely NO.

Regretably, Interval placed us at the Westin and not OBBR and frankly, we are disappointed. OBBR has a beautiful pool and ocean setting, a great hop and go bus that brings you to different activities, and within walking distance of three great restaurants and the resort has one of their own.

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

We are returning in December for our 5th time. I love this resort. We also have stayed in the ocean front unrenovated rooms. The units were dated, but clean and well equiped. We have also stayed in Simpson Bay once and once at Divi. did not like either of them.

new york
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

Thank You everyone for your positive reviews. We can't wait to get back and explore the area.

6. Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:19