We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

Hi, anyone know of any person, company who is reputable and does pet sitting, dog boarding. We go to St.Maarten each January for 3 weeks and our condo does not allow dogs. We want to bring her with us and if she can't BE with us at our place, we would like to have her nearby knowing she is safe and happy. PLEASE HELP!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

If you are going to board her in SXM, why bring her? Isn't there someone back home that could watch her that you trust. I don't think I would subject my pet to all that travel and not even have her with me when I am staying there? Makes no sense.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

Yes I do have someone here. Thanks for your input . Boarding her nearby would afford us of seeing her daily, taking her out etc. Seems you did not understand my intention. I recently did same in lake George on a farm and she loved it and it was fabulous for all of us. Not sure is SM would have same. Cheers!!!

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

contact Ursula at I Love my Island Dog

http://www.ilovemyislanddog.org/home

she runs the pet shelter on the french side and might know of some people who do reputable boarding

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

You may want to investigate the quarantine regulations for pets arriving in St Maarten. I thought I read something about a 90-day quarantine?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

thanks no quarantine. Just a note of good health from your vet and proof of rabies vaccination within past year. Rabies has been virtually wiped out of that island. hard to believe with all the strays running around,but then again I don't know how they eradicate rabies.

BARCAN - thanks. i just noticed your post. omgoodness I remember reading about her and I forgot her name. I must meet her anyway!! I was on her website.

thanks much. Lola will be about 1 in January, she's overnight now at our sitter, she's doing swell and maybe 3 weeks here @ home won't be bad but I'll miss her so.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

thanks so much. I was on her site last year but I forgot her name. We wanted to donate and now we can and hopefully go see her in January after we connect. She is doing wonderful things for the stray dogs on that island. Amazing lady!!

thanks again

7. Re: Pet Sitters in St. Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten