We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simpson's Bay

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Simpson's Bay

Hello... Ok, so hubby and I have selected a location for our bi-annual vacation. I hear that Simpson's Bay is the best location because of the various restaurants and bars within walking distance of the resorts.

A friend of ours stayed at the Simpson's Bay Villas and loved it... Basically, I would like for you well-traveled individuals to share with me if Simpson's Bay Villas is the best option for us or are there other locations just as nice. Please note, we do NOT need a kitchen... We are happy with a toaster for bagels and a mini-fridge to store fruit, nuts, and chews...

Thank you so much in advance!

SM

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simpson's Bay

Simpson bay is really central , a lovely place to base yourself.

We loved it so much, we went and bought a Condo there.

You'll have fun!

Enjoy

xx

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simpson's Bay

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing. Are you familiar with Simpson's Bay Villas? We did hear the location is very central and you can walk almost anywhere or solidify a very affordable taxi ride. I was a bit apprehensive until I heard the location is central. My hubby and I went to St Thomas a few years back and hated that we had to spend $30+ every time we wanted to leave the resort.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Simpson's Bay

Do you mean the Villas at Simpson Bay Resort??..on Billy Folly Road

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simpson's Bay

I believe so.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simpson's Bay

We have stayed at the Villas at Simpson Bay many times and have been thoroughly satisfied every visit. There are studios, 1 and 2 bedroom suites. If you are not interested in a full kitchen then the studios would be fine for you(although I don't remember if there is a toaster but do have microwaves). The 1 bedroom is what we rent as it has more room with a huge balcony and full kitchen and living area. I do not cook on vacation but enjoy using the appliances if need be. Centrally located to many restaurants. No beach directly in front of the hotel but walk to beaches on both sides. Large pool with swim-up bar. All rooms are ocean view. You will not be disappointed, one of the newer hotels on the Dutch side..

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simpson's Bay

Wonderful! If you do not mind, are you an owner, or do you rent from a source like Red Week?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simpson's Bay

I do not own a timeshare in SXM or anywhere else for that matter. I search the internet for good deals, rent from owners on various rental websites, etc. Usually when we rent at the Villas, I go directly to their home website and try to get a deal as we are previous renters and they have complied. They have also sent me e-mails when they offer deals, It really is a nice place.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Simpson's Bay

It's a great resort and as was said above very convenient to everything. I have owned at Simpson Bay Resort for many years.

When are you planning on visiting?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Simpson's Bay

Just be aware they are going through a lot of legal problems and could close any time at the drop of a hat. They did that last year and left a lot of people with out a place to stay. Talk of Hard Rock buying it.

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Simpson's Bay

We are visiting June of 2013. Thank you SXMScubaman... We will probably go with a traditional hotel.