We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

We are in our sixties and looking for advice from others our age. Can anyone advise us of some beautiful "all-inclusive" resorts to vacation? We want beautiful, fun, and safe. We are open to any location. Will appreciate any help and advise. Not interested in going to Mexico. Thank you!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,557 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

I'm 66, not many hotels offer it maybe four or five, Sonesta Maho and Sonesta Great Bay (Dutch side) Le Flamboyant, Mercure & maybe Radisson (French side) that's it.

I gather you don't wish to rent a car and have to drive a lot.

I would suggest one of the Sonesta properties - Maho has more dining / entertainment options than Great Bay but GB is near to town and you can walk in. Many options in town.

The three French side resorts are a bit more isolated with no place to really walk to see anything.

So many dining, beach and duty free shopping options on this island make AI not the best choice for most visitors.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 20:44
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

beautiful does not really apply to any of the AI's here.

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

if you want AI, St Maarten is not really the island for you.

Our AI hotels are ok but not great . St. Maarten is known for eating out at our many varied fabulous restaurants

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

naturchic, do NOT look for an all-inclusive in St Maarten! One of the biggest attractions of this island are it's many fabulous restaurants!! Do NOT miss out on dining out! Food is not that more expensive at restaurants than cooking it yourself from the available supermarket food.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

TOTALLY agree with Lauryc....SXM is not the place for AI at all

There are some very nice AI resorts in Jamaica and the DR if you are interested more in the AI part than the Island experience,

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

, you may want to look at some of the resorts in Providencales, Turks and Caicos. These ar "high end" (and not cheap), but the resorts, the town and beaches are absolutely beautiful and very laid back. British island, very safe in general (tourist beach areas)

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

I don't know what the rooms are like at the Sonesta Maho, but the grounds are certainly beautiful...so many restaurant choices at Maho though I wouldn't want to limit myself to just the Sonesta restaurants...

The Radisson at Anse Marcel is a gorgeous property and they have an amazing pool...there's not much there though other than the resort...lovely and quiet though...we loved our stay at Anse Marcel a few years ago...very restful...and we did love lounging in the Radissons incredible pool...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
463 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

While we are big fans of the island, the advice is pretty consistent here....SXM is not an all inclusive destination...and we agree. A few years back we also wanted an all inclusive and looked into the Dominican Republic. We spent a week at the Paradisus Palma Real and it was spectacular. There are MANY MANY all inclusives in the DR that will fit your need.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

It sounds to me that the OP is interested in AI anywhere in the Caribbean, not just SXM. OP?????

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,557 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All-Inclusive Resorts- Need advice from people in their 60's

Yes they are, in fact outside the Caribbean as well - just click on the OP's name to see his various posts, included are Hawaii and Bermuda among other destinations.

As far as SXM, I suggested Sonesta as the overall better option.