We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from paradise...

Level Contributor
137 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from paradise...

We just got back last night from 6 wonderful nights on St. Maarten. I can't thank you all enough for all the advice and suggestions. We had the most amazing vacation ever!

We stayed at OBBR.

Rented a car from Hertz.

Enjoyed tons of awesome beaches; Grand Case, Orient, Bay Rouge, Cupecoy, Simpson Bay, Maho, Friar's Bay, Happy Bay, Dawn Beach and Pinel Island!

Had some amazing meals; Big Fish, Canoa, Paradise View, Tastevin, Rainbow, Kakao, Daniels by the sea, Karakter.

Brought home A LOT of local rums, spices, hot sauces, etc.

I'm hooked.....SXM is awesome!

Full trip report coming soon...

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from paradise...

WOW, you did all those and only there 6 nights. WOW.

Glad you had an awsome time. Looking forward to your full report.

Level Contributor
137 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from paradise...

Yep! We love to get out and explore much better than 'parking it' in one place all day. We were able to see so many beaches because we are early birds and would usually get up and out exploring by 7am. We'd spend a couple of hours or so at a couple of different beaches (usually all to ourselves!) before everyone else was getting ready to head out for the day. Then at about 10 or 11am we'd post up on whichever beach we wanted to spend the bulk of the day. The island is small enough and the traffic light enough this time of year that we were able to take full advantage of all the island has to offer.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,376 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from paradise...

I did ONE of those things today and I'm exhausted! Glad you had a good trip - can't wait to hear all about it!

4. Re: Just returned from paradise...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin