We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
479 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

We'll be staying at the Royal Palm Beach Resort and will need to purchase a birthday cake during our stay. Can anyone tell me the best place to pick up a birthday cake close to the resort? I remember going to a great little bakery just up the road from the resort during our last trip but don't remember the name of it. They had amazing pastries but I can't recall the name of the bakery or if they sold cakes. If anyone can tell me the name and if they sell cakes I'd appreciate the information. Also if there's another/better place for cakes, I'd love to know that too. Thanks!

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

try the new Taste Factory just down the road, located across from Toppers

Atlantic City, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

Hi, when visiting St. Maarten (we'll be there in Oct ) we also visit this bakery. The name is Piece Of Cake,and it's located at 68 Welfare Rd. Plaza Del lago,right up the road from the Royal Palm ( also our home resort ). You can buy a birthday cake, but it would be wise to stop by and place an order first. have a great trip !!!

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
479 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

Thanks for the info Danielle and Barcann. Danielle, you have a great trip too. I look forward to reading a trip report!

Nash.Tn
Level Contributor
277 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

There is a supermarket chain on the island called Grand Marche. It is "Full Service) very much like a major supermarket here in the US.. The largest one close to you will be on Union Rd. ----- try them....

Nash.Tn
Level Contributor
277 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

Le Grand Marche is the proper name and they have an e-mail address-------may I suggest googling them---get the e-mail address and ask them if they do cakes------I know they have a bakery dept.

6. Re: Best place to pick up a birthday cake in Cole Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten
Recent Conversations